Akiles CombMac-24E Comb Binding Machine
Electric Comb Binding Equipment
Heavy-Duty Electric Punch & Manual Comb Opener
- Fully featured
- Easy to use
With its heavy duty punch motor and complete system of functions, the Akiles CombMac-24E makes comb binding fast, easy, convenient and professional, making it the ideal partner for commercial volume workloads.
- Comb Opener Comb Opener Handle: (can be set on left side also)
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance
- Open Punching Throat: For punching of longer documents.
- Punch Throat & Ruler for Comb
- Diameter Scale: Measures comb Diameter.
- Large Capacity Waste Drawer
- Side Margin Control: Provides evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged, allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation
- Jam Release (Reverse) Switch
- CE Certification: All components certified and approved by CE for the most stringent safe requirements.
- High Volume Punching Capacity: Up to 25 sheets 20lbs. paper (Letter Size).
- Foot Pedal Operated Heavy-Duty design by CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology
Perfect for Bindery, Print Shop, Copy Center, Corporation, Advertising Agency, School, Office and more!
Don't forget to choose from the wide selection of AKILES textured & color-coordinated Polycovers & Plastic Comb binding elements, to ensure your documents have a lasting impression!
- Place the machine on top of a sturdy working table.
- Place the comb binding unit on top of the machine and fasten it by attached screws and wrench
- Plug the power cord and foot pedal cord to the back of the machine.
- Turn on power switch and press foot pedal to test punching.
- Always turn switch-off and place foot pedal out of reach when machine is not in use
- To reduce risk of electric shock, never operate the machine enar water
- Do not use the machine if power cord is damaged
- Do not allow the electric cord to be in contact with hot surfaces
- In case of malfunction, return the unit to your distributor for service.
- Push & dial depth margin control to the right position depending on the diameter of your combs
- If needed, use master selector to select/identify the size of your combs
- Align side margin control to proper sheet and cover sizePunching Instructions
- Pull out disengagement pins to avoid partially punched holes
- Insert sheets and press foot pedal to punch
Comb Binding Instructions
- Place pre-selected comb behind comb binding fingers with the comb opening side facing upward.
- Slowly pull comb binding handle forward to open comb until the comb binder is opened sufficiently to allow pages and covers to be inserted
- Nearly align the pages and covers. Holding the documents tightly with the front towards you, feed the comb through the holes.
- When all comb are fully positioned through the holes, slowly move the handle backwards to close the comb. Lift the boud documents from fingers.
|Punching||Electric (Foot Pedal)|
|Punching Pitch||Standard Comb Pitch|
|Punching Length||14" (with open ends for longer sizes)|
|Disengagement Dies||All 24 Dies|
|Hole Sizes||Rectangular 3.12 X 7.94mm|
|Single Punching Capacity||Up to 25 sheets of 20 lbs paper, letter size|
|3/16" - 2"|
|Adjustable Side Margin||Included|
|Adjustable Depth Margin||Included|
|Weight and Volume||70 lbs & 3.74 Cbft|