Save money and space with teh Akiles VersaMac reliable binder machine. Stacked with everything you need and nothing you don’t, the VersaMac can punch up to 55 sheets at a time and has an easy-to-use interchangeable die feature complemented by a modular design. The interchangeable die feature saves you money and space because it enables you to expand your machine’s capabilities instead of buying a new binding machine for each specific task.
This binding punch can handle commercial volume workloads in any binding style. Its durable all metal construction and built-in anti-jam feature make it reliable and eliminate down time.
Shop all Akiles binding machines available at Finitura
Akiles VersaMac Binding Machine
Ships via freight truck, call for quote
Akiles Super Duty Electric Modular Punch with Interchangeable Die Feature
With more power and more versatility than any other binding punch in its class, the Akiles VersaMac is one of the most productive punches on the market today. With a maximum punching capacity of up to 55 sheets at a time, easy-to-use interchangeable die feature, and efficient modular design, Akiles VersaMac is compatible with commercial volume workloads in all binding styles. Count on VersaMacs rugged construction to get your job done on-time, especially in critical moments when you cant afford downtime. VersaMacs modular design and interchangeable die feature means you can expand on your VersaMacs functionality any time by purchasing more accessories and binding modules. This means added value for your existing equipment and a better return on your initial investment. The Akiles VersaMac is undoubtedly your best solution when it comes to a productive and dependable punch system. Call for quote on Velobind Die for this machine.
Akiles VersaMac Operation Guide
- Turn on the POWER switch, both LED indicator lights at manual control panel should light up
- Align the Side Margin Control to the correct position according to the punch die installed and sheet size being used
- Insert sheets into the Punch Throat from the right-hand side of the machine, then slide it towards the left until it aligns to the Side Margin Control
- Activate the punching actions by stepping on the Foot Pedal or by pressing the Manual Punch Switch on Manual Control Panel
Akiles VersaMac Punch Die Installation Guide
Main power must be OFF before punch die installation begins.
- From the right-hand side of the machine, insert the punch into the Die Set Channel. See Picture 1
- Slide the punch die all the way in. See Picture 2
- Turn the Die Locking Clamp clockwise to securely lock the punch die in place. See Picture 2 & 3
- Turn the main power ON. Indicator light for "Die In" will turn green
- Make the appropriate adjustment to select the Depth Margin position best suited for your job. There are 4 available depth margins in each punch die. Adjustments can be made by PULLING or PUSHING the Depth Margin control bar. See Picture 4
Changing Die on the Akiles VersaMac
- Lift up the lever of the Die-lock Clamp and turn it counter clockwise to unlock the Punch Die. During the turn, also make sure the lever does not hit the Depth Margin adjustment bar
- Gently pull on the Punch Die Handle to slide the existing Punch Die out of your VersaMac. When the Punch Die is about half way out, use BOTH HANDS to hold the die and remove it completely
- Use the included cleaning brush to remove any paper debris out of the Punch Throat and other operating areas
- Install a different Punch Die
Akiles VersaMac Trouble Shooting Guide
Machine is switched on, but it won't work
|Power indicator light in manual control panel is not ON||
|Curcuit breaker tripped due to incorrect electrical voltage||
|Die-In indicator light in manual control panel is not ON||
|Top cover is open and the safety sensor has been activated||
|Foor pedal has been pressed but machine does not work||
|Punch action stopped before the cycle ended||
|Punch die not properly installed in VersaMac||
|Punching action becomes more noisy than normal an punch pins lack lubrication||
|Waste drawer is full||
Contact Finitura for more information or a quote on the Akiles VersaMac binding machine.
Akiles VersaMac Binding Machine Specifications
- Extra-High Punch Capacity: Up to 55 sheets of 20lb paper per lift. (number of sheets depends on paper weight and punch die pattern)
- Industrial-Grade Punch Motor: Induction AC motor (400 W) with high heat resistant electromagnetic brake, for years of trouble-free operation.
- Extra Wide 14" Single punching length with Open Ends: Enables easy punching for Legal size sheets, as well as even longer sheet sizes.
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Available for almost all punch dies, this key feature provides the correct punch margin depth for each element size.
- Interchangeable Die with Fully Disengageable Pins: Quickly and easily change from one punch pattern to another. Fully Disengageable Pins guarantee a clean punch for any paper size.
- Oval 4:1 (True Pitch) Punch Die: Rated as the best coil punch pattern by almost all customers, this punch die is available at almost half the price of competitors; comparable offers.
- Choice of Many Standard & Special Punch Dies: Available in various shapes (Oval / Round / Square / Rectangular), pitches ( 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 5mm / 6mm / comb). Ask for more details.
- Built-in Anti-Jam (Reverse) Features: Automatic & Manual anti-jam features provide maximum assurance to avoid downtime.
- LED Diagnostic Lights: Indicates critical information to the operator.
- Foot Pedal or Manual Punch Operation: Allows each operator to choose his/her most comfortable operating mode.
- Innovative Quiet/Quick Punch Operation: Streamlines operations.
- Side Margin Control: Provides a centered punch for all documents.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets.
- Height-adjustable Non-Skid Feet
- Element Diameter Scale: Measures documents thickness in order to select best wire/coil/comb element size option.
- U-Shaped Alignment Channel: Aids in conforming the spine of large diameter documents to the coils shape, for easier insertion.
- Extra-Large Waste Drawer with Overfill Window: Reduces overfills of paper chips while providing a clear view of paper chips level.
- Durable ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable and durable modular binding system in its class.
- Super-Duty Design: Designed with CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology for maximum strength and durability.
- CE Certification: All components certified and approved by CE for the most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 Quality: For highest quality control.
- 1 Year Warranty
Akiles VersaMac Binding Machine Operator Manual