Akiles AlphaBind-CE Comb Binding Machine
Akiles Heavy-Duty Electric Comb Binding System (Item# AAB-CE)
Following the great success of the Akiles MegaBind-1E (which has a 14" punch length), the new Akiles AlphaBind-CE offers a 12" punch length and a more attractive cost. An ideal comb binding system for those who work mainly with Letter-size (8.5 x 11) sheets.
- Electric Punching, Manual Binding
- Foot Pedal operated
- Punching Length: 12" with open throat for longer documents.
- High-Volume Punch Capacity: With its unique punching mechanism, you can punch up to 20 sheets of 20 lbs paper per lift.
- Binding Capacity: Up to 2"
- Die Disengagement Pins: Allows punching of all paper sizes without any partially punched holes.
- Depth Margin Control: Adjustable depth margins (4 steps) offers the best margin distance for each book size.
- Side Margin Control
- Large Waste Compartment: Easily accessible from the front of the machine.
- Heavy Duty Design: All metal construction.
- Weight: 61 Lbs
- 1 Year Warranty - Limited Warranty
- Place your new AlphaBind on top of a sturdy work table
- Place the foot bedal on the floor in front of the machine
- Plug the power cord into the back of the machine
- Plug the other end of the power cord into an outlet with the correct voltage and type
- Turn power on.
- Align the side margin control to the corret position according to the sheet or cover size (Use ruler guide for proper alignment).
- Push-in and rotate depth margin control to the desired position.
- Recommended depth margin per comb size: Position 1: Small size comb (3/16" to 1/2"), Position 2: Mid size comb (7/16" to 7/8"), Position 3: Mid size comb (3/4" to 1"), Position 4: Large size comb(1-1/8" to 2").
- Pull our disengagement pins to avoid partially perforated holes.
- Insert sheets into the punch throat.
- Activate the punching action by stepping on the foot pedal.
- Place pre-selected comb behind comb opener fingers (With comb opening upward).
- Gently rotate comb opener handle clockwise to open comb.
- Align and insert punched pages onto comb fingers
- Gently rotate comb opener handle counter-clockwise to close comb
- Lift the bound document up off the comb opener fingers
To Lubricate Punch Dies
- Remove front punch die cover with a Phillips screwdriver to loosen the 4 screws
- Apply die lubricant with a brush or gentle spray (only a small amount of die lubricant is needed)
- Screw punch die cover back on
- Remove excessive lubricant by punching scrap paper
|Adjustable Depth Margin||
|Adjustable Side Margin||
|Weight and Volume||
If you need further assistance, or would like to talk about this machine please contact us