Akiles FlexiPunch-E Heavy Duty Modular Punch
Shop Finitura for great deals on Akiles binding machines
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Binding Machine
Heavy-Duty Electric Modular Punch with Interchangeable Die Feature
FlexiPunch-E is a versatile modular punching machine with an affordable price that gives you the binding options you need in everyday work. You can do a coil binding job, and minutes later squeeze in a wire or comb binding project using the same primary punch. The high-quality precision die sets available with this machine will last for years of production. One die of your choice is provided with the unit.
Suggested Supplemental Modules
We offer a variety of supplemental modules to the FlexiPunch-E, that will help you complete your binding jobs faster and easier. Shown at right on top of the FlexiPunch-E is our Finish@Coil E1 Coil Inserter/Crimper Module. This combination is the worlds first to allow an operator to punch the sheets, insert & crimp coils (sizes 6mm-50mm) all by electrical power! The Finish@Coil E1 footprint fits right on top of the FlexiPunch-E to save space. It can also be placed next to the FlexiPunch-E so 2 operators can work the job simultaneously. Similar modules are available for wire binding (WBM532)and comb binding (CBM650) as well.
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Set Up Guide
- Place your new FlexiPunch-E on top of a sturdy work table
- Place the foot pedal on the floor in front of the machine
- Plug cord into back of the machine
- Plug the other end of the power cord into an outlet with the correct voltage
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Die Set Installation
Main power must be off before punch die installation begins
- Slide the Punch Die in place. See Picture 1
- Turn Lock Punch Handle clockwise to lock Die Punch. See Picture 2
- Mount the Punching Table/Waste bin. See Picture 3 (manual version only
- Mount Punching Table. See Picture 4
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Operation Guide
- Turn power on. See Picture 1
- Align the Side Margin Guide to the correct position according to the punch die installed and sheet (or cover) size. See Picture 2
- Push in and rotate Depth margin Control to desired position. See Picture 3
- Pull out Disengagement pins to avoid partially perforated holes. See Picture 4
- Insert sheets into Punch Throat. See Picture 5
- Activate the punching action by stepping on the foot pedal. See Picture 6B
- Repeat steps 5&6 until all sheets have been punched
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Die Changing Guide
- Remove Punch Table. See Picture 1
- Turn Die Lock Handle counter clockwise to unlock the Punch Die. See Picture 2
- Slide Punch Die out. See Picture 3
- Insert New Punch Die. See Picture 3
- Turn Die Lock Handle clockwise to lock the Punch Die. See Picture 2
- Mount and secure Punch Table. See Picture 1
Contact Finitura for more information on the Akiles FlexiPunch-E and other Akiles binding machines
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Specifications & Features
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per cycle. Foot pedal operated.
- Heavy-Duty Motor & Gearbox: Provides more than enough punch power for all die sets.
- Interchangeable Die Sets with Quick Die Change Design: Easily change from one punch pattern to another within seconds, no tools needed!
- Fully Disengageable Pins on all Dies: Allows punching of all paper sizes without partially punched holes at either end.
- Choice of 4 Different Punch Dies: Choose from Comb (rectangular holes), Wire 2:1 (square holes), Wire 3:1 (square holes) and Coil 4:1 (0.2475) (round holes).
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Available for all punch dies, this key feature provides the correct punch margin depth for each element or book size.
- 12" Single Punch Length with Open Ends: Enables easy punching of Letter or A4 sizes, as well as even longer sheet sizes.
- Built-in Anti-Jam (Reverse) Feature: When sheet overload is detected, machine automatically retracts and stops punch operation to avoid downtime.
- Rugged Heavy-Duty Design: All metal construction, including heavy cast side plates. Non-skid feet.
- Machine Weight - 51 Lbs
- One year warranty
- Die Weight - 18 lbs
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Manual