Akiles WireMac 3:1/2:1
The Akiles WireMac Wire Binding Machine provides excellent efficiency and productivity. The WireMac is heavy duty with its all metal construction and a 20 sheet punching capacity. All dies can be independently disengaged, to allow the punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation. The Akiles WireMac comes in two different models: WireMac-31 (3:1 = 3 square holes per inch), and WireMac-21 (2:1 = 2 rectangle holes per inch).
Heavy-Duty. 20 sheets single punching capacity (20 lbs paper). Available in 3:1 or 2:1. 14 width punching capacity with open sides for even wider documents. All dies can be independently disengaged, to allow the punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation. Closing capacity: Akiles WireMac-31: From 3/16" to 9/16" Akiles WireMac-21: From 3/16" to 1-1/4" All metal construction.
Akiles WireMac 3121 Set-Up
- Insert your full unbound document into Wire Snatch.
- Read the Master Selector to determine the correct: Depth Margin, Wire Size and Wire Closure.
- Set Margin Control to the Color Determine Depth Margin (Color indicated on Master Selector should match color on Margin Control)
- Set Wire Closer Control to the determine wire closure size.
- Read the Determined Wire Size and set aside.
Akiles WireMac 3121 Punching
- Move side Margin Control to proper sheet and cover size. Note there are different side margins for 11” sheets & their 11-1/4” covers.
- Pull out Disengagement Pins for partially covered holes.
- Insert sheets and pull handle forward to punch.
Akiles WireMac 3121 Inserting
- Insert pre-selected wire into Wire Snatch.
- Insert document from last pages to first pages then insert front cover. The back cover should be inserted last with inside facing up.
- Take out inserted document from Wire Snatch to close the wire.
Akiles WireMac 3121 Closing
- Raise up Closer Support Bracket to hold document.
- Put inserted document into Wire Closer
- The Wire Element must stand horizontally at the bottom of closer.
- Pull closer handle forward to close.
- Take out document and turn back cover over. The binding is ready.