Akiles CoilMac ECI Series
Akiles CoilMac-ECI Series
Akiles CoilMac-ECI Spiral Coil Binding Machine comes with a full-size built-in electric coil inserter. The Akiles CoilMac-ECI makes coil binding fast, easy and professional, making it the ideal partner for larger volume workloads. The CoilMac-ECI comes in 3 different models: CoilMac-ECI 4:1 - Round Holes, CoilMac-ECI 5:1 - Round Holes, and CoilMac-ECI+ - Oval Holes, 4:1 Pitch (.250).The No. 1 selling coil binding system in America just got better! With more innovative features and stronger construction than any other machine of its class, the re-designed & improved CoilMac-ECI is the ideal partner for all of your coil binding needs.
Available in Two Versions:
CoilMac-ECI(Round Hole version)
CoilMac-ECI Plus(Oval Hole version)
Standard version features:
PLUS version features:
Round Holes: Standard 4mm round holes.
|OVAL holes: Special 4 x 5mm oval holes. The first & only equipment of its class to offer this advanced feature. Makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes. When used together with our HD Electric Coil Inserter, it will drastically save your coil insertion time by up to 50%.|
|5 Disengageable Pins: Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most standard paper sizes, making the CoilMac-ECI very simple to use.||FULLY Disengageable Pins: For a completely clean & professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled & disengaged.|
|STANDARD 4:1 Pitch (0.250): Standard pitch for coil binding. Punches 43 holes in a 11 sheet.||LETTER 4:1 pitch (0.248): This revolutionary 0.248 coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11 sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with STANDARD 4:1 pitch coils.|
Akiles CoilMac ECI Series Set-Up
- Use Coil Size Guide to determine the correct Depth Margin and Coil Diameter. (See Picture 1)
- To adjust the correct Punching Margin, press and rotate the Depth Margin Control. (See Picture 2)
- (OPTIONAL) You may use the Coil Diameter Selector to determine or double check that you are using the correct coil diameter for your document. (See Picture 3)
- (HINT) To properly adjust the depth margin, press and rotate the Depth Margin Control at the same time. Release it upon reaching the desired position. The Depth Margin Control button must bounce-back upon release. If it does not bounce-back, rotate it slightly back and forth until it does so. (See Picture 4)
Akiles CoilMac ECI Series Punching
- Use the Punch Throat Ruler and Side Margin Control to center the punching of your document. (See Picture 1 & 2) Hint: Insert a sheet and make sure you disengage any hole that is left partially exposed on the Punch Throat Ruler. Failing to do so will leave a partially perforated hole at the edge of your document.
For CoilMac-ECI41 models: Various disengageable pins can be found at strategically designed positions to avoid partially perforated holes in most common sheet sizes (such as 11”, 8-12”, 14”, A4 & A5, etc).
For CoilMac-ECI41+ model: Full disengageable pins guarantees a clean punch on any standard of custom size sheets. Also, specially designed 0.2475” Pitch gives you 44 evenly centered holes in a 11” sheet, which results in adequate hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion.
- Insert sheets and pull handle toward you to punch. (See Picture 3)
For Punching Document 14” (356MM) or Larger
- Align sheets as indicated on Punch Throat Ruler. Make sure all Die Disengagement Pins are pushed in.
- Insert sheets and pull handle forward to punch. (See Picture 1)
- Remove sheets and flip them over as illustrated. (See Picture 2)
- Insert sheet from right-hand side. Pull the handle forward and punch. (See Picture 3)
IMPORTANT: Document must be inserted in such a way as to place one of the already perforated holes onto the Continuous Punch Guide. Make sure that the last hole (Document edge), if partially covered by the Punch Throat & Ruler, is aligned to a disengaged die, otherwise your document will be left partially perforated.
Akiles CoilMac ECI Series Coil Inserting (Binding)
- Align punched document and place it on top of machine or table. Insert the coil into the first 4 to 5 holes. (See Picture 1)
- Hold document evenly against roller (coil must slightly touch the roller). (See Picture 2)
- Press foot pedal. The coil will automatically move forward inserting itself into the holes. (See Picture 2)
- After the last hole insertion, IMMEDIATELY move document away from roller and/or stop pressing the foot pedal. Remark: if coil is over inserted or some pages are un-inserted, simply flip document over and proceed with insertion as per step 2.
- Use crimpers to cut & crimp the excess coil. Make sure you crimp-in both ends. This procedure will prevent the document from unbinding itself. (See Picture 3)